Practice Nurse Appointments
The vast majority of appointments with the Practice Nurses get booked in advance. There are normally a few available 'on the day' for emergencies. Like the GP appointments, most appointments are available for pre-booking 3-4 weeks in advance.
Our Practice Nurses are all highly trained and have a great deal of experience. They provide a range of services including:
- Chronic disease management such as diabetes, asthma, hypertension, chronic heart disease and COPD
- Venepuncture (blood sampling)
- Wound care and dressings
- Cervical smears
- Travel advice and vaccinations ( Unfortunately we cannot offer this service meantime. Please contact your local travel clinic or contact the Surgery for information on pharmacies/travel clinics who offer this service - 01/10/2017)
- Contraceptive checks -(For Coil, IUCD & contraceptive implant insertion/removals & checks please contact your local Family Planning Clinic - 01/10/2017)
- Some nurses also fit implants and change ring pessaries
- Ear care
- Weight management
Healthcare Assistant Appointments
We are now using Healthcare Assistants in the Practice. They are able to take blood samples and give injections.