How to contact us
Darvel and Newmilns surgeries - call on 01560 323910
Your District Nursing Team comprises of a Clinical Team Leader and District Charge Nurse, Staff nurses and Nursing Assistants.
What do we do?
The district nurses provide a wide range of services for people in a variety of non-hospital settings who are housebound. The team works in partnership with patients, carers, other health professionals, social services, charities and the independent sector to provide personalised packages of care.
The following are some examples of the types of care the district nurses provide:
- Palliative and end of life care
- Acute and chronic disease management
- Wound assessment and wound care
- Post-operative care
- Leg ulcer management
- Continence care
- Ear care
- Health promotion and advice
- Prescribing and administering medications and treatments where appropriate
- Complex assessment of health needs and promotion of independence for housebound patients. Mobile patients should attend the surgery to foster independence where possible
When do we visit?
We will visit on an agreed day, but due to the nature of our work it is usually not possible to provide a specific time. However, some procedures may require us to visit at a regular time and this will be arranged with you.